Looking for a remote access solution that provides cross-platform support and a handy set of features? Try Splashtop for free
You will get an all-in-one high-performance remote access and remote support solution with robust security.
Splashtop enables remote computer access and remote support to computers and mobile devices, allowing educational institutions to:
- Enable students to access on-campus Windows and Mac computers from any computer or mobile device including Chromebooks
- Enable faculty members to instantly access their work computers from any device
- Enable IT teams to remote into faculty and student devices to provide support, and also manage on-campus computers
Benefit from Splashtop’s award winning solutions:
- Experience high performance and fast connections with 4k streaming at more than 40 frames per second (fps) at low latency. Remotely use lab computers with specialized hardware to create and edit videos, animations, models, designs, VFX, graphics in real-time.
- Students can use any software application while remotely accessing school lab computers from their own devices, including Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, and more.
- Get all the remote access and remote support features you need, that are easy to set up and use, and require no training.
- Get robust security features ensuring your connections, data, and privacy are safe. Splashtop keeps you in compliance with HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, FERPA and other industry and government standards and regulations. Integration with Active Directory/SSO provides additional security.
- Splashtop also offers options for on-premise deployment.
Splashtop is used by over 30 million people worldwide. Read more about Splashtop solutions for effective distance learning.
Compare Splashtop and Azure Lab Services for Remote Computer Labs:
|Splashtop for remote learning||Azure Lab Services|
|Remote Access and Remote Support Capabilities||All in one solution providing students and faculty with remote access to computers, and remote support for IT teams to support student, faculty, and on-campus computers and mobile devices||Provides only remote access to VMs|
|Performance||High performance audio and video streaming with low latency, for Windows and Mac computers||Depends on the price and Lab (VM) RAM allocation|
|Security||Robust set of security and compliance features, options to integrate with SSO authentication, and on-premise deployment||High cloud security features and compliance|
|Ease of set up||Easy to mass deploy, set up and scale. No training is required.||Not easy, need technicians familiar with VM’s|
|Multi-OS and Multi-Device Support||Supports Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and Chromebook devices||✗
Supports only Windows and Linux VMs
|Multi-Monitor Support||View multiple remote screens from multi-monitor systems at the same time, including multi-to-one and multi-to-multi||✗|
|Grouping||Ability to group computers and control usage with access permissions||✗|
|In-session Features||Users can transfer files, chat, record session, remote print, and much more during a remote session||✗
No in-session features
|On-Demand Support||IT teams can remote into any student or faculty device and resolve technical issues, without any prior installation||✗|
|Deployment Options||Cloud and on-premise options||Only cloud solution|
|Architecture||Streamer is installed on computers and users remote in using the Splashtop Business app from any device||Generate VMs and grant users access to the VMs|
|Customer Support||Support available through phone, email, ticketing, and chat||Only through support tickets included. Pay for other support subscriptions|
Contact us to set up a demo for your remote lab today!
Learn more about Splashtop solutions for remote lab access