Using Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS), you can now remote view Android device screens in real time and remote access/control select Android devices from Samsung and Lenovo. SOS is remote access/support software for IT, help desk and support professionals to provide quick, attended support on Android, Windows and Mac. With SOS, you can:
- Remote access/view Android phones and Android tablets (from a computer, iOS device or other Android device)
- Remotely control Samsung, Lenovo TAB 2 & 3, Yoga and LG Android devices (from a computer, iOS device or other Android device)
- Remote access Windows and Mac computers from your Android devices
Looking for an unattended Android access solution or to incorporate Splashtop technology into your product? See the links at the bottom of this page for unattended and OEM options. Otherwise, continue on to learn about attended remote Android access with Splashtop SOS.
How to remotely view Android tablet and Android phone screens
Get Splashtop On-Demand Support
Sign up for SOS to remotely view an Android device with your Windows or Mac computer or from another Android device. You can use the service with a free trial or low-cost paid subscription.
SOS is a great value and costs much less than other attended support tools. It is based on proven Splashtop remote access technology, used by more than 18 million users worldwide.
The mobile device access features are not included in the free non-commercial version of SOS, the original version of SOS, or Splashtop Remote Support. You must purchase Splashtop On-Demand Support if you want to remote access mobile devices.
Download the SOS app on the device that you want to view
Search for Splashtop SOS in the Google Play store to download the app or go to “sos.splashtop.com” on the Android device and you will see a link to get the SOS app from the Google Play store. When you (or your customer) run the SOS app on the Android device it will display a session code that you will enter on your screen to remotely view that device.
Users with certain devices may be prompted to also download an add-on from the Google Play Store to add remote access to certain device families (Lenovo – including TAB2 X30, TAB3-730, TAB3-850, TAB3 A8-50, Yoga TAB3 8, Yoga TAB3 10, Yoga TAB3 Pro, Yoga TAB3 Plus, Yoga Book and Tablet A12, and LG Android devices). Samsung device remote control is built in to the SOS app.
Enter the code in your Splashtop Business app and start viewing the Android screen
Run the Splashtop Business app on your computer and click the SOS (plus sign) icon near the top of the app to open the SOS connect screen. Enter the nine-digit code displayed in the SOS app on your customer’s Android device. When you click the arrow, the session will begin.
At this point you will be able to live view their Android screen in a window on your computer screen.
The image below shows a view of the end user’s Android screen, the technician’s interface, and viewing the Android screen in a window on the computer screen with the controls expanded.
Using the Viewing Controls
Click the arrow at the top of the mirrored device screen window to access the controls. The buttons are:
- Back (device control)
- Home (device control)
- Menu (device control)
- FPS streaming quality
- Scaled/Original size toggle
- Full Screen
- File transfer
You can also take print screens of the Android screen using the standard print screen key combinations for your Windows or Mac computer.
Disconnecting the Session
When the session is complete, you can close the viewer window on your computer. The session can be closed on the device you are viewing by clicking the X disconnect button.
Learn more and get started with Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS)
What else can you do with Splashtop On-Demand Support?
Splashtop On-Demand Support is your attended support solution for Windows, Mac and Android. It is a great way for help desk, support, and IT professionals to remotely access computers and mobile devices to assist customers. If you’re already using another help desk system, mobile device management system, or unattended support tool, SOS is an inexpensive add-on that enables you or your team to provide quick support to managed or unmanaged computers and mobile devices.
- Remotely access and view Android phones and tablets. Remote control some Android devices (Samsung, Lenovo) from Windows, Mac and Android.
- Remotely access and control Windows and Mac computers with additional features including file transfer, chat, and viewing from mobile devices
At this time you can remotely view Android devices from Windows and Mac computers. We plan to add mobile device viewing from mobile devices in the future.
Get started with Splashtop On-Demand Support!
- Learn more about Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS)
- Click here to start a free trial
- Click here to get all SOS desktop and mobile downloads
New! Additional Options
- Need an unattended access solution where the user doesn’t have to be present at the device to give you an access code? Check out unattended Android access with Splashtop Remote Support.
- Do you want to integrate Splashtop remote access technology into your MDM, RMM, endpoint management, or other solution? Join Autotask, Ivanti, Ninja and others who integrate Splashtop into their solutions. Contact us for OEM and Partnership solutions.