Splashtop Remote Support and Splashtop SOS are both great remote access / remote support solutions. They both provide options remote access and support attended and unattended computers with a few key differences in user licensing and supporting users on mobile devices.
Here are some top reasons to consider each option
Consider SOS first if you want:
- Multiple simultaneous attended support sessions to unmanaged computers
- To remotely access and view iOS and Android device screens
- To pay per technician
Consider Remote Support first if you want:
- No limits of per-technician licensing, for example if you have many technicians who need to access managed/unattended computers
- Ability to set up free remote access accounts for end-users to access their own computers (that are managed under your account)
- And if you don’t need to remote access/view mobile devices
Consider a combination of the two if you want:
- The benefits of Remote Support + additional attended support access and remote access/viewing of mobile device screens
Compare the licensing options for SOS and Remote Support side-by-side
|Splashtop SOS||Splashtop SOS+10||Splashtop SOS Unlimited||Splashtop Remote Support BASIC||Splashtop Remote Support PLUS|
|Price is based on||# of concurrent technicians||# of concurrent technicians||# of concurrent technicians||# of unattended computers||# of unattended computers|
|Cost per technician||$199 per tech||$219 per tech||$399 per tech||Unlimited technicians included. Cost based on number of computers||Unlimited technicians included. Cost based on number of computers|
|Attended quick support||Unlimited sessions – Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||Unlimited sessions – Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||Unlimited sessions – Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||None.||Unlimited sessions but limited to one session at a time –
Windows and Mac only. (No iOS or Android)
|Unattended computers||Not available||10 per tech license
Buy 5 licenses, get access to 5×10 = 50 unattended computers.
|Create free user accounts for users to access their computers||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
See the product pages at the Learn More links above for more information on features between editions, including additional feature differences between
Remote Support Basic and PLUS.
Still have questions? Go to https://www.splashtop.com/sos or https://www.splashtop.com/remote-support and click the chat window (during California business hours) or give us a call at 1-408-861-1088 x125.