High-Performance Remote Access TO WINDOWS & MAC LAB COMPUTERS
Computers at educational institutions often use a combination of specific hardware and software tools that are impossible to transfer to the cloud. Thankfully, Splashtop remote desktop software gives users a simple and secure way to remotely control school, university, or district computers in real time from any other device.
Splashtop remote desktop software lets users remotely access and take control of on-site computers from their own devices. Once connected, they’ll see the screen of the remote computer on their own device and be able to use any application or file as if they were sitting in front of it.
“You’re going to have a lot more people from Wayne State coming to you for Splashtop because they’ve been watching us. And they’ve been asking me in our restart committees how I’m doing. I’ve been telling them it just works.”
– Gary Cendrowsk, Director of Technology, Wayne State CFPCA
“They’re orienting a lot of classes around Splashtop because there aren’t going to be in-person classes in the Fall. We are having socially distant classes so students can complete their certificates and their degrees. We wouldn’t have been able to do that if it wasn’t for Splashtop.”
– Gerald Casey, Laney College CTE
Features and Capabilities
High PerformanceEasy to Set Up & ManageSet up takes minutes, unlike VPN. Invite your users to set up their accounts and devices. Much easier to deploy and manage than a VPN. Group your users and computers. Set access permissions, and view logs.Truly Remote Lab – Easily AccessibleUsers can access Windows, Mac, and Linux computers from any Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Chromebook device. Splashtop is seamlessly cross-platform, so users can access remote computers from any of their own computers, tablets, or smartphones.Top Tools and FeaturesSimplify daily tasks and be more productive while accessing a computer remotely. Transfer files, chat, remote wake or reboot a computer, record sessions, share technician desktop, and much more.SSO IntegrationGet the SSO so you and your users can authenticate through SSO/SAML. Support is available for Okta, Azure AD and ADFS.
Deployment and Usability
- IT admins can easily deploy and manage remote access to lab computers through a centralized console.
- Flexible grouping and access permissions allow admins to give students and instructors access only to the computers they need.
- Students can see which computers are in session and which are available to use.
- Splashtop’s intuitive, easy-to-use features enable institutions to rapidly set up remote labs.
Architecture and Security
- IT admins install the Splashtop Streamer on lab computers, and students who have access can instantly remote in using the Splashtop Business app.
- Data is secure on the lab computers, and students remotely access programs and files just as if sitting right in front of the computer.
- Splashtop provides multiple levels of security and compliance. Splashtop offers Single Sign-On integration with your SAML 2.0 identity provider for increased security and control.
- Splashtop offers cloud as well as on-premise options.
Better than Alternative Remote Access Solutions
- Splashtop is the preferred remote access solution not just for PCs but for Macs as well. Experience unparalleled, Splashtop delivers superior audio and video streaming quality with low latency. Read more about Splashtop’s high-performance remote desktop access to Mac computers.
- Splashtop provides better performance, scalability, security, and is easier to deploy and use than traditional VPN-based solutions. Read more about why Splashtop is a better alternative to VPN.
- Splashtop provides the best value remote access solutions. Get the top features and better performance at up to 50% less than what other remote access solutions cost. Read more about how Splashtop compares to other remote access solutions.
- Scheduled Access Module: IT admins will be able to schedule times for when individuals or group of students can have access to computers.
- Group-based Access Permissions: IT admins will be able to create user and computer groups where access can be assigned by user or group, rather than assigning access permissions at individual computer level.
- Granular Permissions: IT admins will be able to enable individual user permissions for in-session features like file transfer, remote print, text copy/paste, 2 step verification enforcement, and more. They will also have the ability to provide role-based permissions for actions like remote disconnect, remote reboot, remote Streamer restart, 2 users concurrently connecting into 1 computer, and more.
- Automatic User Provisioning: Through the System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM), IT admins will be able to enforce use of Single Sign-On credentials to authenticate Splashtop accounts. They will also have the capability to auto-configure users and access grouping using Single Sign-On.
- Wacom Pressure-sensitive Pen Support: Students in creative fields using Wacom tablets will be able stream pen pressure to their workstations remotely. Currently in proof of concept.
Remote Lab Access
- Solutions specifically designed for providing student access to shared lab computers
- Pricing is based on the number of concurrent user licenses. Pay only for the number of simultaneously active students accessing lab computers, and not the total number of students.
- Our team can schedule a demo and assist in configuring a solution
- If you want to try remote access for two users, try Splashtop Business Access
- Free Trial