Teachers, Schools, Districts, and Educational Organizations are Choosing Splashtop
Splashtop’s educational solutions have been deployed in classrooms across the world. The reviews are in and educators are praising Splashtop for its ability to improve learning environments and increase engagement between teachers and students. Find out what our customers are saying and see their success stories.
Rotorua Boys’ High School
Troy Shoebridge – ICT/Network Manager
- Engaging students in the classroom was a challenge
- Teachers were unable to tie interactive whiteboards to mobile devices
- Student BYOD program was a challenge to support due to so many kinds of devices being brought into class
- Internet bandwidth limited accessibility
- Wow factor: Teachers and students can share ideas and documents easily and quickly
- Extend existing systems: Teachers can use existing IWB tools with students by passing control
- Support any device: Teacher iPads, student Android tablets and future devices can all be used
- On-Premise: Splashtop runs internally to avoid external bandwidth issues – giving teachers a great user experience
Sidney Public School
Donna Schluckebier, 3rd grade teacher
- School network security settings did not allow iPads to connect using AirPlay
- Teachers could only connect by using expensive adapters connected to their iPads
- Teachers had to stop everything to disconnect cables to use the iPad for instruction. It turned many teachers off
- Only one iPad could connect to the project at a time and didn’t allow students to connect and share what they had on their device
- Teachers can now connect iPads effortlessly using Mirroring Assist with Mirroring360 – no messy network configuration needed
- Mirroring360 licenses are 65% cheaper than the expensive adapters that were being used
- Using the Mirroring Assist app, the connection is very fast and very reliable- no more messing with cables
- Up to 4 devices can connect using Mirroring360, which gives the teacher more freedom during lessons plus allows students to share their work
Val Verde Unified School District
Matt Penner – Director of Information and Instructional Technology, CCTO
- Teachers were stuck behind the desk and in front of the Interactive Whiteboard
- Students 21st Century learning skills needed to be advanced further
- Proprietary AV hardware was expensive to purchase and install in classrooms
- Previous classroom products locked them into proprietary hardware
- Greater Mobility: Teachers can now roam untethered from their desk – and can even teach from the back of the class – combining remote control with annotation tools
- Improved Skills: Students are eager to present their ideas by mirroring their screen. Now they are both content creators and presenters!
- Reduced Costs: Software-only approach eliminates purchasing expensive dedicated hardware and reduced installation costs
- Device Agnostic: Supports iOS, Chromebooks, Android, Windows and Macs– protecting previous and future device investments
What educators are saying
Finding the right tool for engaging students and keeping teachers mobile can be a challenge in a one-to-one classroom. Splashtop Education products enables you to remotely control the lesson from anywhere in the classroom, annotate then share the content with everyone. Students can also mirror their iPads, Chromebooks, Macs and PCs to your computer.
by Class Tech Tips
Splashtop is a service that allows for all sorts of screen sharing. Want to show your iPad screen on your projector? Want to control your desktop computer from you iPad? Want your students to be able to control your desktop? How about having your students share their screens with the class. With Splashtop Classroom and Mirroring360 all of this is possible, regardless of what classroom devices you have.
by The Ed Tech Roundup
I wanted to share my Chromebook screen with student PCs. Simple, right? Not so fast. Most choices proved to be unreliable, or incompatible. Mirroring360 is the best solution I have found to wirelessly share a Chromebook, iPad, or iPhone screen with any PC or Mac … I’ll pay out of my own pocket if I must!
Learn more and start a free trial!
- Splashtop Classroom enables teachers to remotely control the lesson from anywhere in the classroom, annotate, then share with students.
Learn more – View Brochure
From $29.99 per teacher license
On-premise Splashtop Classroom is also available.
- Teachers and students can use Splashtop Mirroring360 to mirror their content, ideas and apps on their device to the whole class.
Learn more – View Brochure
From $11.99 for individual teacher/computer license
Large Deployment option for schools and districts.