Who we are?
We are Splashtop. We deliver next-generation remote access and remote support software and services across the Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa. Splashtop’s cloud-based, secure, and easily managed solutions serve customers that include everyone from multinational enterprises and academic institutions to small businesses, MSPs, and individuals.
Headquartered in San Jose, California (USA) and founded in 2006, Splashtop has offices in Hangzhou (China), Tokyo (Japan) and Taipei (Taiwan) and we are now expanding our European headquarters in Amsterdam (Netherlands). From our offices, 210 Splashtop-ers serve more than 200.000 corporate customers.
We always deliver what we promise and scaling hard, with a stunning Net Promoter Score of +93 and 85% of the Fortune 500 companies who enjoy Splashtop products globally. We recently achieved the aspirational Unicorn status of $1B valuation thanks to our 30+ million happy users.
Each Splashtop employee will be a real team member, no matter what position you are in. We are a young, fast growing company, we respect and are transparent to one another. In this role you can have a real impact into the next steps of the company’s growth. We all work hard to exceed customer expectations, we are collaborative, positive thinkers and always improve our solutions and services. Besides hitting it hard we also enjoy and celebrate our success with our teams.
Our presence in the EMEA region is becoming more and more essential every day.
For our European headquarters in Amsterdam, we are looking to hire an exceptional individual who is fluently in English.
What will you do in this role?
A Solution Architect/Sales Engineer is a critical role in our operation where you oversee and address our customers’ technical needs. You will provide accurate technical service before and after the point of sale, ensuring customer satisfaction. We like to see this as a technical “jack of all trades”.
As a Solution Engineer, you should be a very tech-savvy professional with the ability to explain technical details and requirements to a technical and a non-technical audience. This would also allow you to translate functional requirements to the technical implementation of our solution.
The ideal person is results-driven and aspires to achieve specific goals. Ultimately, you should be the technical counterpart of our prospect’s technical employees. You will provide technical, product, and business knowledge to support the sales process and teams while guiding opportunities and implementations with your technical expertise.
The key responsibilities of this role will require you to:
- Supporting the sales team with your technical knowledge.
- Serve as technical lead for remote desktop products and product rollouts, understanding interactions between multi-platforms (Windows, MacOs, Linux, Android, and iOS devices).
- Provide sales support from a technical perspective for customers to support pre-sales and post-sales processes.
- Investigate, discover, and map the prospects needs both business and technical then provide solutions to meet those needs.
- Address all internal and external product-related queries on time.
- Analyze existing customers’ needs and suggest upgrades or additional features that meet their requirements.
- Present and clearly communicate the solution architecture, including all technical aspects of the product.
- Establish best practices so we can train customers to use products effectively.
- Successfully and accurately answering prospect questions and providing appropriate additional information to the Account Executives.
- Being responsible for the technical aspects of customer’s “journey” as well as for customer onboarding success and metrics.
- along with the customer success manager, ensuring the customer’s ongoing success in usage and closing the loop with our product and support teams on issue resolution and roadmap definition.
Understanding of products:
- Create a deep understanding of Splashtop’s core products and infrastructure while being able to describe product details to gauge the best-fit solution.
- Understanding potential customers’ use case and advising them on how Splashtop products can help them in their environment.
- Support the sales team with a competitive analysis to learn where we differentiate.
- Provide developers with customers’ feedback to help identify potential new features or products.
- Develop test specification(s) and support test equipment development in the various customer environments.
Managing (sales) activities:
- Logging of all activities and summaries of prospect interactions into salesforce.
- Liaise with the sales department to win new business and increase sales.
- Enthusiastically working closely with the sales team to support them from a technical perspective during the demos with prospects.
- Support the sales team to sign-off regarding technical approval for customer implementation.
- ITSM tools (e.g., ticketing systems).
- Enterprise logging system (e.g., SIEM).
- Endpoint management systems (e.g., MDM, RMM).
Good familiarity with:
- Directory services (e.g., SSO, SAML, AD).
- Networking level (OSI), network stack, firewalls/DPI.
- At the endpoint level: devices (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), video codec concepts, audio codec concepts.
Who you are?
- 5 years of customer-facing work experience in a technical IT role.
- Excellent technical acumen so you can speak to system and infrastructure administrator being your customer counterparts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills plus the ability to build professional rapport quickly by phone with all levels of stakeholders.
- You must be competitive, self-motivated, self-starter, pro-active.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executives and C-level in the mid-market, small enterprise sized organizations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A team player with a friendly and helpful attitude capable of working within a collaborative environment.
- Technical background to learn/understand/explain product benefits.
- Disciplined, organized and methodical in approach to tasks and activities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. We don’t have a 9-5 mentality because each member can have an impact on the total company result.
To be an A player at Splashtop you need to embody the following attributes:
- Customer-centric mindset. Everything we do is to support our prospects and customers to the best of our ability. We go above and beyond to deliver them the best quality of service possible.
- Result oriented. We are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. We don’t have a 9 – 5 mentality because each member can have an impact on the total company result. What we ask from you, we also deliver in return. It’s a relationship.
- Inquisitive so you can grow with this fast-growing company through continuous learning.
What we have to offer?
- Incredible and continuous learning experience at a pre-ipo, Unicorn state company.
- Fast-paced environment where we celebrate successes and have a lot of fun while working.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- An amazing crew of other hard working and passionate people that are willing to run those sales cycles with you.
- We also have an amazing office location at the 8th floor overlooking the city of Amsterdam and the river the IJ.
- We are looking for people who would like to grow with our company into several roles during their tenure. Although we hope that we can secure people to our company for 10 years+, we understand that this might not be a realistic expectation. However, WE commit that working at Splashtop means that you will learn so much, that after your tenure here, you have gained so many new competencies that this will enable you to pursue future endeavors and hopefully our paths will cross in the future.
General Manager EMEA
Thank you and we are looking forward to speaking with you. Have a wonderful day.