Unattended Remote Access to Linux Computers
With Splashtop, you can now remotely access, control, and provide support to Linux computers from your PC (Windows or Mac), iOS, Android, or Chromebook device. You can remote into your Linux computers over our fast and secure connections, take control, and perform the task at hand with ease.
How to Remotely Access Linux with Splashtop
Remote desktop access to Linux is available in several Splashtop plans for IT, business and individuals:
- Splashtop Remote Support – Unattended and anytime computer access and management for MSPs and IT
- Splashtop SOS – Attended quick support for computers and mobile devices for help desk, support and IT
- Splashtop Business Access – Remote computer access for individuals and business professionals
The streamer is available to paid or trial subscribers of Splashtop Business Access, Remote Support or the SOS+10 and Unlimited packages. Free trials are available for each solution, see below to learn more!
Install the Linux Streamer on the Linux computers you want to remote into:
In your my.splashtop.com console, select Linux from the Streamer deployment drop-down and use your 12-digit code to tie the streamer to your account.
The Splashtop Linux Streamer officially supports Ubuntu versions 16.04 and 18.04. You may also try it with other Linux distributions that are not currently supported. After installation is complete, be sure to launch the Splashtop Streamer (afterwards, the streamer will auto-launch whenever the computer is turned on).
Then install the appropriate Splashtop Business App on the device you want to remote from.
Now you can remote into your Linux system from a Windows, Mac, iOS or Android device.
Splashtop Solutions for Linux Remote Access
- Perform unattended remote access to your computers from your smartphone, tablet, or another computer. Get fast, secure, and reliable remote access while saving up to 80% compared to competitors.
Pay per number of computers you need to access.
Unlimited devices to access from.
Access your Windows or Mac from an iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, or Chromebook device.
- Provide unattended remote support to your computers from any device. Resell remote access to your customers so they can access their computers remotely.
Pay per number of computers you need to support.
Set up user accounts for end-users to access their own computers.
- Provide attended remote support to your customers’ computers, tablets, and mobile devices. Connect the moment your user needs help with a simple 9-digit session code.
Pay per concurrent technician.
Support an unlimited number of end-user devices.
Support Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.